Patron Information Regarding COVID-19
Updated May 27, 2020 at 1:00PM
Dear patrons and community members,
Over the past few weeks, Governor DeWine rolled out “Responsible Restart Ohio” to strategically reopen businesses and services around the state. While the plan is encouraging, the ban on mass gatherings at entertainment venues has not yet been lifted, and all indications are that events like the ones hosted at MCPA will be the last to be allowed.
The good news is that there are areas of the building we can open and programs we can start providing again. We are dedicated to putting the health of our community first, however, and for that reason, MCPA is choosing to return to business gradually in order to establish extensive safety protocols, social distancing measures and enhanced cleaning procedures.
To kick things off, MCPA’s box office will be open for walk-up sales from 12 noon to 4 pm starting on Monday, June 1. Ticketing will be entirely touchless for the immediate future and no hard tickets will be printed. All tickets you purchase whether online, over the phone or in-person, will be emailed to you.
The food trucks return to our parking lot on Wednesdays from 11 am until 2 pm starting June 3. And the Hancock County’s Farmers Market opens on May 28, running every Thursday from 4 pm to 6 pm throughout the summer. Social distancing will be required at both of these weekly events.
MCPA is also hosting a new series of three drive-in concerts featuring a few of Findlay’s most popular local bands. The series kicks off June 13 with The Reunion Band, followed by 12til2 on June 20 and Tongue-n-Groove on June 27. More information about these exciting evenings can be found at MCPA.org.
And visit the education page of our website for details about our digital performing arts summer camp for grades 7 through 12. Camp sessions are led by local teaching artists and start on July 27. We are also offering a variety of at-home workshops for all ages.
Lastly, exhibits will return to the Fisher Wall Art Gallery within the next month and we look forward to welcoming you back to explore that space in groups of 10 people or less.
Whenever you visit MCPA, we ask you to respect a six-foot distance from fellow visitors and staff, and we strongly encourage everyone to wear face coverings when appropriate. We will also post our augmented health and safety protocols online and in the building, to help everyone feel safe and comfortable returning to the venue.
We look forward to announcing new programs and plans for our 2020 / 2021 season soon and seeing you at one of our fun summer events.
Thank you for your patience and support. Stay well!
Heather J. Clow
MCPA Executive Director
Thank you for your patience as we determine the future of upcoming performances and events at MCPA in light of COVID-19.
Below is a list of the current status of shows and public events through the end of May.
If the show you were attending is cancelled or you are unable to make the rescheduled date, you have several options:
- Donate the value of your tickets back to MCPA.
- Exchange the value of your tickets as a credit to be used for a future performance.
- Have your tickets refunded back to the credit card used for the original purchase or via check if paid with cash or check.
As a nonprofit arts organization, event cancellations have a great financial impact. If you are able, please consider donating the value of your tickets back to MCPA instead of being refunded.
If you have tickets to a performance or performances below, please click on the performance name(s) to be taken to a form where you can indicate how we should handle your order.
- The Little Mermaid Jr. - March 13 & 14, 2020
- FAMILY SERIES: Llama Llama LIVE! - March 21, 2020
- The Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artists Shawn Klush and Cody Ray Slaughter - May 30, 2020
- The SpongeBob SquarePants Musical - June 8, 2020
- Findlay Light Opera Company's production of The Music Man - June 19-21, 2020
The following events have also been cancelled, but do not require any action at this time:
- Business to Business - March 24, 2020
- Community Conversations - March 31, 2020
- UF's Concert-Chorale and University Singers Concert - April 5, 2020
- Fresh Brewed Business - April 7, 2020
- Upper Room Church of God's Alive - April 9 & 10, 2020
- Business to Business - April 16, 2020
- UF's Improv Show - April 16-18, 2020
- UF's Orchestra Concert - April 19, 2020
- SPARK SERIES: The Pout-Pout Fish - April 23, 2020
- UF's Band Concert: Hymnal - April 26, 2020
- Fresh Brewed Business - May 5, 2020
- Summer Sips Wine Festival - June 27, 2020
- Boogie! 2020 - August 29, 2020
If you have tickets to a performance or performances below and you can attend on the rescheduled date(s), no action is required. Please keep your tickets and use them on the new date!
If you are NOT able to attend on the new date, please click on the performance name(s) to be taken to a form where you can indicate how we should handle your order.
- The Four Tops - New date: October 15, 2020, 7:30PM
- The Texas Tenors - New date: October 23, 2020, 7:30PM
The following events have been rescheduled a second time:
- The Official Blues Brothers Revue - NEW DATE: February 19, 2021, 7:30PM
- [email protected]: Albert Cummings - NEW DATE: April 1, 2021, 7:30PM
- CommunityREAD with Lisa Wingate - NEW DATE: April 8, 2021, 7:30PM
- William Close & The Earth Harp Collective - NEW DATE: May 8, 2021, 7:30PM
Please keep in mind that due to high volumes, phone calls may be on hold for several minutes and it may take 2-3 business days to process your requests. Thank you in advance for your patience.
If you have any questions, please contact the Box Office at 419.423.2787 ext. 100 or send us an email at [email protected].
Box Office hours are currently Monday-Friday, Noon-4PM.