Drive-In Concert with The Reunion Band
Drive-In Concert with The Reunion Band
- June 13, 2020|Saturday 9:00 PM Buy Tickets
The Reunion Band is not so serious rock and roll cover band that has played 60’s and 70’s music in and around Findlay for the past 25 years. The band covers 60's icons like the Beatles and Rolling Stones, but also plays a number of garage rock tunes from the 60's such as "Walk Away Renee" by the Left Banke and "Spirit in the Sky" by Norman Greenbaum.
Over 50 years ago, the core of the band started out by playing in the basement of Central Junior High (MPAC) as the “The Kalkulated Rysq.” They graduated to the Central auditorium stage to perform at school talent contests. The original members included John Courtney, Scott Lavender (Fifth Third Bank/MCPA Wall of Fame Honoree 2017), Dennis Reamsnyder, Phil Schey, Mike Roasti and Reg Routson. All but Mike graduated from Findlay High School in 1971. Steve Wilson and Richard Wittmeyer, also classmates from 1971, joined our ranks later. Off and on, younger Findlay High School graduates such as Jerry Natal (’75), Dave Rinebolt (’75) and Susan Bright (’84) have participated.
Since the early 90’s date the Reunion Band has performed for over 300 charity events. The list includes Honor Flight, Focus on Friends, Julie Cole Golf Event, Elks Charities, Red Cross, CASA, Cancer Patients Services, Elk's Beach Bash, Humane Society and many others. At last count, RB has helped to raise more than $350,000 for local charities. The band is also a favorite for class reunions from the late sixties through the early seventies.
What safety measures is MCPA taking for drive in concerts?
MCPA values the community’s safety! All employees and volunteers working the drive-in concerts will be wearing face coverings. The restrooms will be sanitized throughout the evening and hand sanitizer stations will be available to patrons entering and leaving the building to use the restrooms.
Please observe these and other established social distancing guidelines in order to maintain a safe environment for employees and fellow patrons and not jeopardize MCPA’s ability to present future events.
- Face coverings are strongly encouraged outside of your vehicle and inside your vehicle if your window is down.
- For best sound quality as well as safety, it is highly recommended you view the show from inside your vehicle.
- Remain 6 feet away from other patrons when outside of your vehicle.
- Only 10 people at a time will be permitted in the building to use the restrooms.
- Wash your hands and use hand sanitizer frequently.
What if there is bad weather?
- Due to the sensitive equipment needed for this type of production, the show will be cancelled if there is the threat of extreme weather.
- The decision to cancel will be made by 6pm that evening.
- Cancellations will be communicated to the public through email, MCPA website and social media.
When can I arrive for the show?
Attendees will have access to the parking lot starting at 8pm.
Where do I enter for the show?
- There will be a one-way traffic flow, so all vehicles must enter from the West Main Cross parking lot entrance.
- Staff members will take a touchless scan your ticket and direct you to your parking spot.
- Your vehicle must remain in the designated parking spot for the show.
Where will my vehicle be parked for the show?
- Specific parking spots are not reserved and vehicles will be placed on a first-come basis.
- Vehicle size will determine what section you are placed in.
- Oversize vehicles, such as Chevy Suburbans and Ford F150 pickup trucks, will be placed in designated spaces in the back and along the sides so they don’t block smaller cars.
How will we view and listen to the show?
- The band will be playing inside Donnell Theater and the performance will be projected onto a large screen outside.
- The screen is positioned for optimum viewing
- Upon arrival you will receive a radio station to tune in to listen to the performance.
- It is recommended you remain in your vehicle throughout the entire performance.
Will there be concessions?
- A concession stand serving a limited menu of various sodas and snacks will be set up outside.
- Social distancing will be necessary while waiting in line.
- Credit card and cash are accepted.
- Due to MCPA liquor license restrictions, NO ALCOHOL is permitted on-premises.
Will restrooms be available?
- The building will be open to use restrooms.
- Only 10 people at a time will be permitted to enter the building.
- A waiting line will be clearly marked outside of the building.
Where do we exit the premises?
- Vehicles must exit by way of the West St. or Front St. drives.
- An attendant will be there to move barricades if you must leave early.
- Leaving before the show is over is discouraged and disruptive to other attendees.