Best-selling, award-winning children’s musician Laurie Berkner has been a longtime fixture on TV’s Nick Jr., Sprout, and NBCUniversal Kids channels, and her original songs, albums (fourteen so far), DVDs, music videos, and books leave no doubt: Laurie Berkner is the uncrowned queen of children’s music and the power behind the progressive “kindie rock” movement.
What sets Laurie apart? She displays an instinctive understanding of children’s natural rhythms and energy, which keeps kids enraptured and brings parents and caregivers happily along for the ride. Laurie finds inspiration in her audience. “I want to create songs that matter for children,” she says. “I was singing once and saw a four-year-old girl shut her eyes and start swaying to the music. I thought, ‘That’s the reason I got into music.’ It keeps me wanting to do more.” Laurie’s “Greatest Hits” solo show features popular hits like “Bumblebee (Buzz Buzz),” “Victor Vito,” “We Are The Dinosaurs,” “Pig On Her Head,” and “Rocketship Run,” plus – as a special treat for fans – a few well-loved Laurie Berkner songs that are not often heard at Laurie’s full-band concerts! Kids should plan to bring their dancing shoes and a stuffed animal (for their heads).
What if there is bad weather?
- Due to the sensitive equipment needed for this type of production, the show may be moved into Donnell Theater or cancelled if there is the threat of extreme weather.
- The decision to cancel will be made by 12 noon the day of the show.
- Cancellations will be communicated to the ticket holders via phone calls and/or email. The public will be notified through email, MCPA website and social media.
When can I arrive for the show?
Attendees will have access to the lot 1 hour prior to showtime
Where do I park and enter for the show?
- Parking is available in MCPA’s back parking lot with entrances on S. Cory, W. Front and S. West Streets. Parking is also available in any of the public lots surrounding MCPA with a pedestrian-only entrance located on W. Main Cross Street.
- Staff members will scan your ticket and direct you to the seating area.
Will there be concessions?
- A concession stand with various sodas, water, and limited snacks will be set up outside.
- NO outside beverages!
- Outside snacks and food are permitted.
Do I need to bring my own chair?
YES! No seating is provided, so please bring lawn chairs and/or blankets to make yourself comfortable. No canopies, tents, etc.