- Aug 4, 2022|Thursday 7:30 PM Buy Tickets
Tab Benoit is a Grammy-nominated singer, songwriter and guitarist who has built a remarkable 30+ year career on the foundation of his gritty and soulful Delta swamp blues, acquiring a devoted legion of fans along the way, as well as 5 Blues Music Awards, including BB King Entertainer of the Year (twice) and induction into The Louisiana Music Hall of Fame.
He has recorded and/or performed with Junior Wells, George Porter Jr, Dr. John, Willie Nelson, Big Chief Monk Boudreaux, Billy Joe Shaver, Maria Muldaur, James Cotton, Cyril Neville, Kenny Aronoff, Allen Toussaint, Kim Wilson, Jimmy Thackery, Charlie Musslewhite, Kenny Neal, Chris Layton, Ivan Neville, Jimmy Hall, Jim Lauderdale, Anders Osborne, and Alvin Youngblood Hart to name a few.
Tab's accomplishments as a musician are matched only by his devotion to the environmental health of his native Louisiana wetlands. Benoit is the founder and driving force behind Voice of the Wetlands, an organization working to preserve the coastal waters of his home state. In 2010, he received the Governor's Award for Conservationist of the Year from the Louisiana Wildlife Federation. Benoit also starred in the iMax motion picture Hurricane on the Bayou, a documentary of Hurricane Katrina's effects and a call to protect and restore the wetlands.
What if there is bad weather?
- Due to the sensitive equipment needed for this type of production, the show may be moved into Donnell Theater or cancelled if there is the threat of extreme weather.
- The decision to cancel will be made by 12 noon the day of the show.
- Cancellations will be communicated to the ticket holders via phone calls and/or email. The public will be notified through email, MCPA website and social media.
When can I arrive for the show?
Attendees will have access to the lot 1 hour prior to showtime
Where do I park and enter for the show?
- Parking is available in MCPA’s back parking lot with entrances on S. Cory, W. Front and S. West Streets. Parking is also available in any of the public lots surrounding MCPA with a pedestrian-only entrance located on W. Main Cross Street.
- Staff members will scan your ticket and direct you to the seating area.
Will there be concessions?
- A concession stand with a full bar offering various sodas, water, alcoholic drinks, and limited snacks will be set up outside.
- NO outside beverages!
- Outside snacks and food are permitted.
- MCPA is part of . Cups must be discarded before entering the parking lot. DORA cups are available at the exits if you want to take your beverage as you exit MCPA’s parking lot.
Do I need to bring my own chair?
YES! No seating is provided, so please bring lawn chairs and/or blankets to make yourself comfortable. No canopies, tents, etc.