Say Hello to MCPA's Summer Series
The summer will kick off on Friday, June 4 at 7 p.m. with yacht rock tribute band, The Docksiders, as previously announced. This concert will take place outside in the MCPA Parking Lot (Jebbett/Rowmark Festival Grounds) setting the stage for the following summer concerts and events!
Eliot Lewis of “Live from Daryl’s House” will continue the series on Saturday, July 17 at 7 p.m. Followed by the brother-sister alternative rock duo, Jocelyn & Chris Arndt, on Wednesday, July 21 at 7 p.m. and the rescheduling of blues rock artist, Albert Cummings, on Thursday, September 9 at 7 p.m.
Families will have the opportunity to get their groove on as well with a “dance party for the senses” presented by the energetic duo of Koo Koo Kanga Roo on Saturday, August 28 at 2 p.m.
Tickets for The Docksiders are currently on sale at MCPA.org. All other shows will go on sale to the public Monday, May 17 at 12 p.m. by phone at 419.423.2787 ext. 100, online at MCPA.org and in-person at the Box Office. Box Office hours are 12 p.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
In lieu of the traditional Courtyard Concert Series held each summer in Latham Courtyard, MCPA will be a hosting a free Lunchtime Live Series at Riverside Park’s Waterfall Pavilion July 13, 20, 27 and August 3 from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. This series will feature family-friendly live music performed by local artists, Ryan Parker and Electric Duo. There will not be any food offerings, so people are encouraged to bring their own lunch and seating to enjoy the concerts.
Food Trucks Wednesdays have returned for the summer in the MCPA Parking Lot from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Along with the Hancock County Farmer’s Market on Thursdays from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
MCPA also has the honor of hosting The Findlay-Hancock County Chamber of Commerce’s Rally in the Alley this summer in the MCPA Parking Lot (Jebbett/Rowmark Festival Grounds) Friday evenings from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. These events are free and more information will be provided soon by the Chamber.
What safety measures is MCPA taking for this concert?
Based on the CDC’s recent recommendation and Governor’s updates, all unvaccinated employees and volunteers working the concert will be wearing face coverings inside.
We ask attendees to observe the guidelines below and other established social distancing procedures in order to maintain a safe environment and not jeopardize MCPA’s ability to present future events:
- Unvaccinated attendees are asked to wear masks while inside MCPA.
- Please remain 6 feet away from other patrons when outside of your pod.
- The restrooms will be sanitized throughout the evening and hand sanitizer stations will be available to patrons entering and leaving the building to use the restrooms.
- Wash your hands and use hand sanitizer frequently.
What if there is bad weather?
- Due to the sensitive equipment needed for this type of production, the show may be moved into Donnell Theatre or cancelled if there is the threat of extreme weather.
- The decision to cancel will be made by 12 noon the day of the show.
- Cancellations will be communicated to the ticket holders via phone calls and/or email. The public will be notified through email, MCPA website and social media.
When can I arrive for the show?
Attendees will have access to the back parking lot starting at 6PM.
Where do I enter for the show?
- Parking is available in MCPA’s two back parking lots, entrances located on S. Cory, W. Front and S. West Streets. The W. Main Cross Street entrance will be open to pedestrians only.
- Staff members will take a touchless scan of your ticket and direct you to your pod or the General Admission seating area.
Will there be concessions?
- A concession stand serving a limited menu of various sodas, water, wine and beer will be set up outside.
- Social distancing will be necessary while waiting in line.
- MCPA is a part of DORA. Cups from other venues must be discarded when entering the parking lot and new cups are available at the bar.
- Feel free to bring snacks or a picnic, but no outside alcohol is allowed due to MCPA liquor license restrictions.
Do I need to bring my own chair?
No seating is provided, so please bring lawn chairs and/or blankets to make yourself comfortable. No canopies, tents, etc.